Help sustain the Bakersfield Symphony Orchestra for generations to come. The BSO’s Endowment Foundation was established in 1993 to provide financial stability and to continue the Symphony’s legacy of great music since 1932. Giving to the BSO Endowment Foundation offers a way for you to help the BSO accomplish its mission to perform great concerts and provide music education to the students of Kern County.
By giving to the BSO Endowment Foundation, you will:
- Increase the impact of student education programs
- Expand the variety of concerts
- Maintain the legacy of the BSO
- Financially sustain the BSO for generations to come
How can you contribute to the BSO’s endowment?
There are many ways you can contribute to the BSO’s legacy. Gifts of cash, stock, bonds or other assets can be in the form of an outright gift now or you can contribute through a deferred gift such as a bequest or another type of planned gift.
IRA Charitable Rollover:
The IRA Charitable Rollover has been reinstated permanently and is an excellent way to further the mission of the BSO. The IRA Charitable Rollover allows individuals who are 70 1/2 years or older to gift up to $100,000 to qualified charities directly from their IRA.
The gift does not qualify for a charitable deduction; however:
- It reduced taxable income
- The gift does count toward the required minimum distribution (RMD) for the year
- It is available to taxpayers whether or not they itemize their tax return