Welcome to the BSO’s website! The BSO has made exciting progress over the last couple years by expanding its audiences, community outreach and educational programs. With the addition of Stilian Kirov our Music Director last year and Gayle Tape our new Director of Marketing and Development this year, we are busy planning additional concerts and more ways to reach our patrons and youth. Outlined below are our upcoming concerts and programs that drive excitement for the BSO. The BSO thrives with your involvement and support. Help us enrich our community through the power of music!
- Six concerts are included in our regular season package
- Our concert dates can be found under Events Calendar or by CLICKING HERE
- Take a look at our Season Brochure to get more information on our concerts and talented soloists
- Tickets are very affordable, starting from $20
- With BSO Dine you can now save 15% on your dinner at participating restaurants – a perfect way to enhance your concert experience.
- We are adding exciting concerts this season as we continue to grow
- Mariachi concert featuring our local talented, Mariachi San Marcos
- Christmas Concert, featuring the Bakersfield College Choirs
- Casual concert at the Bakersfield Music Hall of Fame, where the BSO will perform with local artist, Monty Byrom
- Heroes and Villains concert with favorites including songs from Rocky, Batman, Superman, and more!
- Party on Bourbon street with the BSO for our 2017 Gala at the Epic Jet Center!
- Young People’s Concerts – every year the BSO provides three different concerts for over 12,000 students in Kern County. This year we are bringing the popular Magic Circle Mime Company that has performed with many major orchestras around the country.
- YPC dates: October 7st, November 4th, and February 3th (contact the office for more details 661-323-7928)
- BSO NEXT – A new and very successful program this last year was BSO NEXT, where individuals and corporations sponsor season tickets to our regular concerts for students. These tickets are then given to the school districts to disseminate. Not only do students love coming to a live concert but they also get a free drink and snack during intermission. Contact us today to get involved!
- Inspire the Desire for Music – BSO professional musicians go to local schools to share about orchestra music, their instruments, then play a few recognizable pieces such as Sponge Bob Square Pants. This shows the students how fun music can be.
- Music Student Voucher Program – music students can obtain a voucher from the BSO to attend the season concerts for only $7.
SUPPORT THE BSO
- Only one third of our support as a 501(c)3 nonprofit comes through ticket sales, which means we rely on the generosity of our community to bring the programs and events to Kern County. This support comes through corporate sponsorships, grants, and most importantly…INDIVIDUALS. Here is how you can support the mission of the BSO.
- Monthly Donations – either a one time donation or you can donate monthly. This can be from $20 on up. Every dollar helps the BSO present great programs and support music education here in Kern County.
- Conductor’s Circle – with a $1,000 donation you can enjoy the perks of membership (contact the office for details; will be on the website soon)
- Sponsorship – if interested in a particular event, sponsorship levels are available beginning at $1,000
- Value to our community
- Adds culture and character to our community
- Inspires students to a lifelong love for great music
- Improves the quality of life in our community
- It says a lot about a community who has its own orchestra in residence